Meat pie in a cob recipe
The ingredient of Meat pie in a cob recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 big brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1kg pork mince
- 40g (1/three cup) gravy powder
- 125ml (half cup) tomato ketchup, plus more to serve
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- half of teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/three cup chopped continental parsley
- 1 bread cob
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, simply thawed
- 1 egg, gently whisked
The instruction how to make Meat pie in a cob recipe
- Heat the oil and butter in a huge non-stick frying pan over excessive warmness until butter is foaming. Add the onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring every now and then, for five minutes or till the onion is smooth however no longer colored. Increase warmth to high. Add the mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Sprinkle the mince with the gravy powder and stir to coat. Add 500ml (2 cups) water and stir to dissolve the gravy powder. Add the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low and simmer for 15 mins or until combination is thick. Season with salt and floor black pepper and stir via the parsley. Set apart to chill slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180C /160C fan pressured. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a serrated knife to slice approximately 5cm from the pinnacle of the cob. Scoop out the bread interior (see nb), leaving a 1.5cm-thick shell. Spray bread with oil and bake for 8 mins or until slightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, trim the puff pastry into an approximate 20cm round.
- Place the cob on the prepared tray. Spoon the beef mixture into the cob, packing it properly into the edges. Top with the pastry, urgent down well to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Bake pie for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Serve with tomato sauce.
Nutritions of Meat pie in a cob recipefatContent: